Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Intro

Three important things that you should know about me before you read my blog-
1. I am married to the most beautiful girl...ever!




2. I am a chiropractor (a darn good chiropractor) and I am just finishing up my wellness certification.
3. I believe that Jesus Christ is our savior and I am currently attending North Island Church and it rocks
The fourth thing that you should know is that there is a healthy way to eat chocolate!

I recently stumbled across a book called Naked Chocolate. Two of my favorite things ;) This book breaks down what chocolate was originally before it became so processed and loaded with sugar. It turns out that in its raw form chocolate is actually good for you! A lot of so called chocolate contains less than 10% that is actually chocolate. The rest is sugar, emulsifiers, milk products, and other fillers. Just look at the label and you will see that sugar is the number one ingredient.

In short the cinnamon rolls below are organic, no added sugar, no gluten, and no dairy. They are as natural as you can get and the best part is that the whole thing tastes like the best part of the cinnamon role...The Center!
The ingredients include Raw Cacao nibs (not coco), pecans, dates, Agave nectar, and of course cinnamon. That is it and they are really easy to make! If you want more info about how you can utilize healthy chocolate you should look for the book on amazon or half.com


photos of the cinnamon rolls by my wife, Sarah DeShaw

2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! I didn't know you blogged :)
    I love the wellness aspect. Keep it up! I want to hear more!!

    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Best Chiropractor Ever! "Thank you!"- doesn't seem enuff.

    ReplyDelete